Monday, February 23, 2009

Hello Friends & Family!

I'm just having such a great day and I wanted to share it with you...
Did I win the lotto? No! Did I get a huge raise? No!
But I am celebrating my 6 month "cancer-free" anniversary and my WONDERFUL life!

I had my check up last week and everything is great. My next MRI/CT will be in May. And I discussed with my oncologist these DAMN hot flashes! WHEW! And that my bones are so achy and I am worried about osteoporosis since my gyn doc took me off premarin in the fall. My onc had my tumor samples tested for estrogen receptors and there is about 22% of the cell that had them. He gave me the choice to start back on or not but said that he doubted that would cause my cancer to reoccur. So, I'm going for it! I can't wait to sleep through the night w/o 5 or 6 sweat parties! I'm soooooo happy to get back on them! I sure miss my hormones! lol

The last 6-8 weeks I have also changed our diet immensely. Gary is even on board with it! Lots of fruits and veggies. Lots on antioxidants to fight the free radicals, aka cancer causing cells. The lifestyle changes include; lots of water, green tea, red wine, low fat and high fiber foods, plenty of supplements (multivit, Vit A,C, D, & E, selenium, fish oil, and beta carotene) and as much of these in organic as possible. As soon as the estrogen kicks in I'm back in the gym! Gary has been working out for a couple of months now. Yep, his pants are getting loose on him! He looks great! Hopefully all these changes will keep us healthy for a long time!

The family is great. Maxton, of course, is still our little star! I'm still watching him every Thursday. It's the highlight of my week! Laci & Matt are doing great. He is still taking classes and was on the Dean's List last semester. He is just fininshing up refereeing basketball and they are thinking of taking a trip to relax. Gee, I think that means Grandma & Grandpa will be babysitting! YEAH! Laci is loving her new position with the same company, North American Corporation, which associated with Abbott Labs.

Katie & Josh moved in with us last week. It's great having them around. Their 2 cats are not so excited yet! They are just starting to come out of hiding. Maybe another week or so and they will feel more comfortable. Katie is having our 2nd grandson the beginning of April. After April 4th I hope! I am going to Florida w/ my sister for a week and will get back then.

Nick & Felicia's wedding plans are coming along. We meet about once a week to keep on track. June 13th will be here in no time though! Nick is still working a lot but studying to take the CDL exam soon. Felicia is at the Cheesecake Factory but is up for other options.

My sister is moving this weekend so I have been trying to help out a little bit with that. She showed her house to a friend that was interested and sold it they next day. MOVING, sounds like fun huh?

So, as you can see life IS great!

One last request...We (NLMS members) are requesting a Presidential Proclamation that April 26th be forever known as National Leiomyosarcoma Awareness Day, to attempt to give voice to an extremely rare and aggressive cancer, so that we may find a cure. Please check out the link to the right if you are interested in signing the petition.

Thanks for your help!

No comments: