Laci called me last night...poor little Maxton caught Grandma's cold last week. He was coughing and sneezing. :( Yes, I feel bad! But I just had to kiss him...a lot! Sorry baby! I love you! Hope you feel better soon.
I have a wonderful life!! Fantastic husband, Gary. Daughter, Laci, her husband, Matt and grandsons,Maxton & Colton. Step-daughter, Katie, her husband, Josh and grandson, Marcus and grandaughter Aubre. Stepson, Nick and wife Felicia and grandaughter, Peyton.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In April 2008 after having abdominal pain for 2 years I had a large pelvic tumor (cancer) removed called Leiomyosarcoma. I then had 36 radiation treatments...since then all of my MRI's and CT's have been clear. Until now...
The rest of my journey is blogged...
LMS is a rare cancer called sarcoma and accounts for only 1% of all cancer in adults. LMS affects 4 in one million people. LMS is most common in the pelvic and abdominal areas.
Because of its rarity, many cancer doctors – even gynecological oncologists – see few cases of LMS and may not know the best current treatments.
Surgery is recommended for LMS. Doctors also use chemotherapy and radiation, but those treatments are less effective against LMS than with other cancers. In the uterus, LMS tumors may be mistaken for benign fibroids. LMS can return to the pelvic area even if a woman has had a hysterectomy. There is a 50% chance of reoccurence.
Research and funding for LMS is very limited. There are too many pts to be considered an orphan cancer with government research dollars and too few pts to gather the attention from drug manufacturers.
If you would like to give to LMS research and help Linda's fight against this cancer please go to one of the sites listed above.
No comments:
Post a Comment